Contiamo is a Berlin-based, fast-growing B2B tech company with the vision to help enterprises make better decisions – from C-level strategy to micro-decisions at the frontline. We’ve been named Germany’s second fastest growing tech company last year and want to continue growing internationally this year.
The digital transformation of the modern enterprise demands immediate and direct access to data. But today's data is fragmented, pouring in from many sources and devices, and lives in many places across the enterprise hierarchy. Contiamo simplifies access to data by logically integrating disparate data sources without requiring changes to the underlying data setup and enables business users, data scientists, and data engineers to independently access and digest data for any analytical or operational use case.
The challenge: Support the development and deployment of a sophisticated data platform
- Having great DevOps engineering support is crucial in order to guarantee that our service based data platform runs smoothly and reliably, no matter where it is deployed (we support cloud and on-premise deployments).
- Our components are written in Go and Scala with a bit of Python mixed in, and all of them expose well-defined interfaces. We always keep operational requirements in mind when developing new services.
- We're looking for someone who can actively drive our roadmap in the area as part of our technical operations team, who can evaluate new technologies and wants to be a great partner for the rest of the tech team.
- Kubernetes, GKE, Docker, Helm, JVM
- You have senior-level experience with complex production deployments, know your way around Kubernetes and have in depth operational experience with at least one of the big three cloud providers (AWS, gcloud, Azure).
- Software engineering experience is a big plus, particularly in Go and/or Java/Scala.
- Professional experience with JVM based services in production is a big plus as well.
- We value people with a fresh mind, ambition to do things differently and willingness to experiment. Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn fast matter more to us than years of experience.
- We don't see people as "resources" and genuinely care for each other. We also understand that there's more than fancy perks and cool events to people's satisfaction and engagement. We continuously work towards an environment providing a lot of autonomy, transparency and development opportunities and rely on everybody's feedback to hold us accountable for maintaining our high standards.
- We believe the ability to give and get constructive feedback and express divergent ideas is crucial to make innovation come to life. We have a very open discussion culture and prefer the evaluation of ideas based on merit over top-down decision making.
- We have a growth mindset, a strong bias for action and an inherent urge to challenge the status quo. We set the bar high and are ready to go far to make an impact.
- We believe that everybody should be able to find meaning in their work. We match assignments based on both ability and individual interests and discuss your progress and individual needs every three months.
What else do we offer?
- A great team of ambitious and fun loving people.
- A cozy office in the heart of Berlin Mitte close to Hackescher Markt with all the equipment you need for your job, a well stocked kitchen and a weekly team lunch.
- A paid public transportation pass.
- The opportunity to work flexible hours and from home, if needed. You can't work full-time? We will find a solution!
- Educational budget: We want our people to learn and develop so we will invest into you and your education.
We respect our applicants and their time – you can expect to hear from us within 48 hours.