Contiamo is a Berlin-based, fast-growing B2B tech company with the vision to help enterprises make better decisions – from C-level strategy to micro-decisions at the frontline. We’ve been named Germany’s second fastest growing tech company last year and want to continue growing internationally this year.
The digital transformation of the modern enterprise demands immediate and direct access to data. But today's data is fragmented, pouring in from many sources and devices, and lives in many places across the enterprise hierarchy. Contiamo simplifies access to data by logically integrating disparate data sources without requiring changes to the underlying data setup and enables business users, data scientists, and data engineers to independently access and digest data for any analytical or operational use case.
The Challenge: A sophisticated data platform with a great user interface
- Our product is a Data Hub that enables businesses to discover their data across any data landscape, no matter how distributed or sophisticated. Our mission is to make data accessible while combining sophisticated data management with a great user interface and experience.
- Our frontend is an incredibly important part of our product. It makes our powerful product easily accessible. Your job will be to build this product, solving real-world data-related problems.
- You will work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers to develop applications ranging from CRUD-based interfaces to sophisticated data-intensive code-generators.
- You will be encouraged and trained in areas where you would like to grow.
- You will be encouraged to attend relevant conferences (on us) and keep up to date with the latest front-end best practices and trends.
- You have a very solid understanding of separation of concerns, design patterns and testing.
- You enjoy a functional programming style.
- You have working experience with React, and a strong understanding of its core concepts.
- You see benefits in static typing - especially of core components and libraries.
- If you're interested in a UI-focused role, we appreciate a strong understanding of visual design and user experience principles.
- If you're interested in a role more focused on front-end application architecture, we appreciate a strong understanding of state management, application flow, cloud architecture, data structures and algorithms.
- At least 1 year of experience with TypeScript
- At least 2 years of experience with React
- Experience in unit testing with Jest or similar
- Experience in integration testing with Cypress or similar
- (Preferred) Experience with D3 and data visualisation with React
- (Preferred) Degree in Computer Science
- (Optional) Experience with GraphQL
- We value people with a fresh mind, ambition to do things differently and willingness to experiment. Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn fast matter more to us than years of experience.
- We don't see people as "resources" and genuinely care for each other. We also understand that there's more than fancy perks and cool events to people's satisfaction and engagement. We continuously work towards an environment providing a lot of autonomy, transparency and development opportunities and rely on everybody's feedback to hold us accountable for maintaining our high standards.
- We believe the ability to give and get constructive feedback and express divergent ideas is crucial to make innovation come to life. We have a very open discussion culture and prefer the evaluation of ideas based on merit over top-down decision making.
- We have a growth mindset, a strong bias for action and an inherent urge to challenge the status quo. We set the bar high and are ready to go far to make an impact.
- We believe that everybody should be able to find meaning in their work. We match assignments based on both ability and individual interests and discuss your progress and individual needs every three months.
What else do we offer?
- A great team of ambitious and fun loving people.
- A cozy office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte close to Hackescher Markt with all the equipment you need for your job, a well stocked kitchen and a weekly team lunch.
- A paid public transportation pass.
- The opportunity to work flexible hours and from home, if needed. You can't work full-time? We will find a solution!
- Educational budget: we want our people to learn and develop so we will invest into you and your education.
- Entertainment budget: each team has a budget allocated for team events and fun experiences.
We respect our applicants and their time – you can expect to hear from us within 48 hours.