About the role
The challenge: A sophisticated data science platform with a great user interface
- We offer a flexible data platform enabling businesses to create interactive, data-driven decision tools and automations. Our mission is to combine sophisticated data science with a great user interface and experience.
- Our frontend is an incredibly important part of our product. It makes our powerful analyses easily accessible. Your job will be to design and implement new features that allow our users to visualize and interact with their data.
React, Redux, ES6, D3, Babel, Webpack, Glamorous, Yarn
- You have a very solid understanding of separation of concerns, design patterns and testing
- We like react. It's a decision we made (and there are pros and cons). You should be comfortable with that. Actually, you should be excited about that
- We use d3 quite a bit. Prior experience isn't required but nice to have
- ES6, Babel, Webpack - you can see yourself working with those
Who we are
- Contiamo is a Berlin-based, fast-growing tech company.
- We are tech-driven and keep a close watch on recent scientific developments and emerging technologies. We love open-source. We are a very international team with interesting people from all over the world (95% of us have relocated to Berlin).
How we work
- We strongly believe in the importance of uninterrupted time to get stuff done and quality over quantity when it comes to working hours. We prefer to keep our schedule meeting-light and work in a library-like atmosphere during the core hours.
- We believe the ability to give and get constructive feedback and express divergent ideas is crucial to make innovation come to life. We live a very open discussion culture and prefer the evaluation of ideas based on merit over top-down decision making.
- We strongly believe in ownership of one's features, from spec to implementation to operation. We also understand that ownership comes with a sense of responsibility towards others that depend on the results of our work.
- We believe that everybody should be able to find meaning in their work. We match assignments based on both ability and individual interests and discuss your progress and individual needs every 3 months.
- We don't see people as "resources" and genuinely care about each other. We also understand that there's more than fancy perks and cool events to people's satisfaction and engagement. We continuously work towards an environment providing a lot of autonomy, transparency and development opportunities and rely on everybody's feedback to hold us accountable for maintaining our high standards.
About the interview process
How we get to know each other
- We like to start out with a brief 20-30min session for a mutual introduction. We tell you about our company, product and culture and are happy to answer any questions you might have. From your side, we're mostly interested in understanding what kind of challenges you're looking for, what technologies you'd like to work with and what role you'd like to be in.
- If both sides agree that this could be a good fit, we move on to a more technical session. We ask you to walk us through one of your past projects as if we were new colleagues joining you on the job. The ability to communicate effectively and concisely about complex systems and trade-offs between different approaches is key.
- In a second technical session, we discuss some of the technologies and concepts you have used. We also give you a walk-through of our product and solutions, discuss our architecture and components. Finally we try to scope your initial role and focus — should you be joining us.
- In the last session, we discuss the remaining details, logistics and plan your relocation.
We see the interview process as a mutual opportunity to get to know each other — at eye level. That's why we always strive for responding within hours, not weeks.